Thursday, August 25, 2005

stormy weather

My love,
I am in perhaps the most beautiful place in the world. I can see a lighthouse in the distance from where I sit, and the waves are making such a racket outside the window, I almost can’t hear myself think. Ok, so maybe that’s an exaggeration. I can’t hear myself think when I sit outside, and the waves combine with the sound of the wind in my ears. It’s blowing up a gale. But that just adds to the wild effect of the place. I can’t quite believe I’m here.

I got a job offer today. It may be the best thing that’s happened to me since Finland. Problem is, I am afraid of my fear of not working in the long run, scuttling my dreams to study overseas. I don’t even know if that really is what I want, and when I look at what I’m surrounded by, I can’t imagine leaving this country. But really, I know the experience will be worth it. And I intend to come back. I intend to come back to you. I can’t live my dreams through you. I don’t even know whether I could live them with you. But knowing that doesn’t make me stop wanting to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home