Thursday, July 21, 2005

Change

My lover cut her hair yesterday. She looks incredibly sexy, and I couldn't stop looking, and complimenting her on it, but upon seeing it first, My stomach really twisted into knots. Every time I cut my hair (more than just trimming the ends) it's because I'm trying to break free of something, or turn my back on some aspect of myself that no longer works for me, and it's something of a symbolic gesture. Long hair always feels so luxurious and feminine, but short feels in control, full of energy and productive and active. My love has been in a rather negative situation for a while that she has been resisting breaking free of, and I really hope that if this hairstyle change denotes anything at all, it denotes a desire to break free from this, but I still fear change, and I have to fight the impulse to cry over her shed locks. Perhaps that's why it's taken her so long to break free from this situation. Perhaps she fears change as much as I do. We both have a lot of change ahead of us in the next year or so, and we're both going to have to get used to that, and so, if this haircut has any more significance than what it appears to have, I hope it's in her willingness to embrace change. I really do like her hair. She is so beautiful, and this just highlights things I haven't noticed in a while. Like her cute ears!, and her shapely jaw-line. Don't call me typical, but I really have never met a more beautiful woman that the one that I adore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home