Monday, September 19, 2005

Fear

Fear. Why do I get like this. You haven’t been anything but friendly, communicative and gentle. Only once have I ever felt truly rejected, and I’m not convinced that was entirely me. And since then, the stars have come out. I said I’d love you unconditionally, and that means dealing with times like this. I’m growing up on the job. And so, it seems, are you. Five years is not as long as one thinks. Oh heck, how do I do this? Just take one day at a time, and draw my strength from the knowledge that I’m still young, and doing what I’m doing is better than doing nothing. Life, love and selfhood take time. And there are no shortcuts.
You know, as much as I want us, you need to do what’s right for you, and if seeing me through all this is going to do you more harm than good, perhaps there really isn’t any way of making it work. On the other hand, what isn’t right for you now may be perfect later. What’s the rush?
“So much to do, so much to see, so what’s wrong with taking the back streets? You’ll never know if you don’t go, you’ll never shine if you don’t glow. Hey now, you’re an all-star, get your game on, go play. Hey now, you’re a rock star, get the show and get paid. And all that glitters is gold. Only shooting stars break the mould.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home