Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Am I going to reach 50, and begin to regret all the years without you in them? Let’s not get to that point. I want you in my life. If I thought there was any chance for it, I would stay here. But I get that you need space. I just don’t want you to forget about me…. Are people in love always a little dependent, or is it possible to be strong, independent, and part of a couple? Perhaps I just need real independence for a while, first. How do people make this work? I don’t know how to let go of the fear, the paranoia, the desperate sense that I may not get you right. I want to learn how to just trust your love for me, and my ability to talk to, and work with you. I want to learn to trust my ability to make you happy. Or, at least to make us happy together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home