Wednesday, April 04, 2007

the filter of good impressions

I do not like the early stages of relationships of any sort. I hate feeling ill at ease and unsure of how to proceed, especially when there is a power differential involved. How do you say "I want to spend time with you. Not productive time, just time getting to know you, and trying to figure out where our lives intersect and diverge. I want to spend time getting past those difficult moments, being quiet together, and finding out how we, mutually, engage those quiet moments. I want to laugh with you. Laugh until our bellies hurt and tears roll down our cheeks, and our best behaviour displays go out the window. I want to look at you without the filter of good impressions, and see how beautiful you really are, when you're not trying to be."

1 Comments:

Blogger mc said...

I like how you explain the filter, is so similar to my point of view.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home